Holiday Shopping Tips for Bookworms
- Shop Early: Supply chain, printing scarcity, shipping woes - it's chaos! If you know what you want to gift, preorder or buy it when you see it.
- Think Ahead: Don't get overwhelmed - think about who you're shopping for and start a list. We have plenty of sources for gift inspiration! Browse our online catalogs and suggestions, or ask one of our booksellers for a recommendation.
- Here are some recommended deadlines. Sadly we can't make absolute guarantees, but these are our best estimates. We recommend placing your orders with us by the end of day on Tuesday, 12/14 for the best chance of receiving items for a pickup on or before Christmas Eve. As for shipping - we don't recommend using media mail after 12/1, as these packages will be de-prioritized by the postal service and likely won't arrive in time. If you're shipping packages with us, make sure we have them by the end of day on Wednesday, 12/15 for the best chance at arriving on time for Christmas.
- Come Say Hi: Skip the shipping! We are bursting with great books, imaginative stockings stuffers, and fun, locally made gifts. Our enthusiastic booksellers are ready to help you find mind-blowing gifts this holiday season.
- Be Flexible: If your first choice is out of stock, there are so many more titles we want to recommend to you! You're sure to find some unexpected or surprising treasures to give (and maybe a treat for yourself too). We're happy to make recommendations over the phone or virtually.
- A digital audiobook from Libro.FM, or even a monthly membership, can replace that deeply desired out of stock title.
- Gift Certificates and Country Bookshelf T-shirts (and other merchandise) also make great gifts.
- Stay informed! The holidays are always a wacky time, and pandemic concerns continue to influence shipping delays, store inventory, and more. Stay up to date with all the happenings at Country Bookshelf by signing up for our newsletter and following us on social media.
And Most importanly:
Stay Well: We are so fond of our customers and want you to have a joyous, peaceful, and safe holiday season.