Byo Transistor Radios (Build Your Own) (Paperback)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A DIY guide to designing and building transistor radios
Create sophisticated transistor radios that are inexpensive yet highly efficient. Build Your Own Transistor Radios: A Hobbyist's Guide to High-Performance and Low-Powered Radio Circuits offers complete projects with detailed schematics and insights on how the radios were designed. Learn how to choose components, construct the different types of radios, and troubleshoot your work. Digging deeper, this practical resource shows you how to engineer innovative devices by experimenting with and radically improving existing designs.
Build Your Own Transistor Radios covers:
- Calibration tools and test generators
- TRF, regenerative, and reflex radios
- Basic and advanced superheterodyne radios
- Coil-less and software-defined radios
- Transistor and differential-pair oscillators
- Filter and amplifier design techniques
- Sampling theory and sampling mixers
- In-phase, quadrature, and AM broadcast signals
- Resonant, detector, and AVC circuits
- Image rejection and noise analysis methods
"This is the perfect guide for electronics hobbyists and students who want to delve deeper into the topic of radio. Overall, this extremely well written and comprehensively illustrated guide and reference deserves a place on the inquisitive radio amateur's bookshelf." -- QST
"I would definitely recommend this book to novices and all hobbyists and engineers who have not have much practical exposure to radio design and development." -- EDN
Make Great Stuff
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.