Designing Immersive 3D Experiences: A Designer's Guide to Creating Realistic 3D Experiences for Extended Reality (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)
Designing Immersive 3D Experiences helps visual designers move into the fast-growing fields of 3D and extended reality (XR) design. Author Ren e Stevens (Powered by Design) introduces a proven approach and an effective design-thinking process you can use to create successful immersive user experiences. The book is grounded in familiar design principles and explores how you can build on these foundations, adapting them for virtual and augmented reality environments. Designing Immersive 3D Experiences prepares visual designers to succeed with 3D and XR design in multiple environments, from mobile, to web, to wearables.
This book begins by exploring the basics of XR and 3D immersive design, how they are evolving, and how you may already be using them. It then moves into core concepts and technologies, from computer-human interaction, to spatial computing, to projection mapping and head-mounted displays.
Learn how to:
- Adapt ideation strategies for new XR and 3D projects while incorporating design-thinking strategies, balancing innovation with practicality, and keeping it all human
- Build seamless, multi-modal, and accessible user experiences and interfaces in three dimensions
- Harness the power of visual perception and ways to activate the senses using XR technology
- Augment typography and create hierarchy in physical spaces that are dynamic and uncontrollable
- Enhance the user experience using spatial audio and voice
- Explore next steps in the industry and consider the ethical implications that come with advancement