The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Discover this dazzling continent with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to sample the street food at Paraguay's Mercado 4, spot a giant turtle in Ecuador's Gal pagos, or strut your stuff in Brazil's Carnaval parades, The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way -without blowing your budget.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate Brasil a's airplane-shaped network or Cusco's ancient streets without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Ideas - Rough Guides' rundown of South America's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Argentina; Bolivia; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Ecuador; The Guianas; Paraguay; Peru; Uruguay; Venezuela.
Attractions include: Ca n de Colca, Peru; Easter Island, Chile;Iguaz Falls, Argentina; Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia; The Amazon, Brazil; ThePantanal, Brazil; Kaieteur Falls, Guyana.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, and more.
- Background information - a language section to help you get by in Spanish and Portuguese
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to South America on a Budget
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our tell it like it is attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we've published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.