Ebersole and Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging (Paperback)
Gain the nursing skills you need to provide wellness-based care for older adults Ebersole and Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging, 6th Edition uses a holistic approach to describe compassionate care along a continuum of wellness. Designed to promote healthy aging regardless of the patient's situation or disorder, this text provides best-practice guidelines in covering physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and cognitive health. New to this edition are Next Generation NCLEX(R)-style case studies, updates on measuring clinical judgment, expanded coverage of core competencies, and more. Written by gerontological nursing experts Theris Touhy and Kathleen Jett, this concise text provides a solid foundation in every aspect of healthy aging.
- Focus on health and wellness provides the evidence-based information and strategies needed to promote healthy aging.
- Key concepts, learning activities, and discussion questions in every chapter emphasize the information needed to enhance care.
- Recommended competencies from the AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing are integrated throughout.
- Discussion of disease processes is placed in the context of healthy adaptation, nursing support, and responsibilities.
- Easy-to-use information on nursing techniques and communication appears with the associated disorders, symptoms, and situations.
- Tips for Best Practice and Resources for Best Practice boxes provide insight into proven methods of nursing care.
- Discussions of nursing and interprofessional actions help students learn to enhance wellness, maintain optimal function, and prevent unnecessary disability.
- Coverage of age, cultural, racial, and gender differences highlights these important considerations in caring for older adults.