Korean for Dummies [With CD] (Paperback)
Studying Korean for business or travel? Learn the fun and easy way with this practical guide that teaches the basics of the Korean language and culture
Korean For Dummies is a no-nonsense guide to Korean culture and the basics of Korean language. Pick up basic phrases and commonly used words so that you can converse with Koreans in both business and personal situations. You'll learn Korean for everyday life and task-specific expressions for Korean on the go. In addition, you'll discover important and fascinating aspects of Korean culture.
This handy guide won't burden you with lists of grammar rules; just look up the phrases and cultural phrases you need or read through the whole book for a general overview. You'll be able to place material in a daily context with cultural tidbits, phonetic spelling of Korean words, and the recorded Korean dialogues on the accompanying CD.
Chapter-based exercises will jog your memory and reinforce everything you learn (answers are provided in an appendix). Find out how to:
- Use basic phrases and words correctly
- Converse intelligently about Korean culture
- Do business with a Korean company
- Say task-specific expressions
- Pronounce Korean words
- Put material in a real-world context
- Make a good first impression with Koreans
This book has four top ten lists to help you learn even more about Korean culture and language:
- Tips for learning Korean quickly
- Phrases that will help make you sound Korean
- Expressions that Koreans like to use
- Things to avoid doing in Korea or around a Korean
This practical guide includes an appendix on Korean verbs, a Korean-English mini-dictionary, and a list of what's on the CD. Get your copy of Korean For Dummies to begin speaking basic Korean and understanding the fundamentals of Korean culture.