Cardiology of the Horse [With DVD ROM] (Hardcover)
Cardiology of the Horse is a multi-author, contemporary reference on equine cardiology. The first section reviews the physiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology of the equine cardiovascular system. The second section describes diagnostic methods from basic to specialist examination skills and the third section addresses the investigation and management of common clinical problems using a problem-orientated approach. Suitable for students, general and specialist practitioners and teachers.
An up-to-date account of current clinical practice in equine cardiology covering:
- recent developments in research and practice
- problem-orientated approaches helpful to both general and specialist practitioners
- clinical management of specific groups from foals and racehorses to geriatric patients
- cardiac problems related to exercise, anaesthesia and intensive care
- A superb companion DVD of clinical cases with extensive footage combining theory and clinical practice:
- heart sounds and murmurs
- Extensive linking of text to DVD, integrating fundamental principles and diagnostic data with information on clinical management of specific problems.