Elementary Hindi: Learn to Communicate in Everyday Situations (MP3 Audio CD Included) [With MP3] (Paperback)
This is a comprehensive and user-friendly elementary level Hindi textbook and language learning package. This comprehensive guide to learning the Hindi language teaches you basic proficiency in everyday, conversational beginner Hindi. From learning to write the Hindi alphabet and pronounce its sounds, to using vocabulary and grammar, to communicating in dialogues, your rapidly-developing skills in Hindi will surprise you. No prior experience is necessary to learn Hindi with this book. The chapters cover many situations you'll need to travel to India, read Hindi, write Hindi, and speak Hindi. Key features of Elementary Hindi:
- The MP3 audio CD helps build reading comprehension and ensures correct pronunciation.
- Reveals real life in India through the book's characters, Deepak and Kavitha.
- Covers elementary-level Hindi grammar including the rules of pronunciation, nasalizations, and the past tense.
- Teaches the written Hindi alphabet, allowing students to start reading and writing Hindi immediately.
- Makes the Hindi language accessible, understandable and enjoyable.
Richard Delacy, PhD., teaches Hindi and Urdu at Harvard University. He is the author of Teach Yourself Beginner's Urdu Script (McGraw-Hill) and Hindi in a Flash (Tuttle). He travels to India frequently. Sudha Joshi received her MA in English literature in India and then taught Hindi in Melbourne, Australia at various universities for over fifteen years. She has produced numerous teaching materials and translated Hindi poetry into English for publication.