Evidence-Based Physical Examination: Best Practices for Health & Well-Being Assessment (Paperback)
The first book to teach physical assessment techniques based on evidence and clinical relevance.
Grounded in an empirical approach to history-taking and physical assessment techniques, this text for advanced health care providers and students focuses on patient well-being and health promotion. It is based on an analysis of current evidence and up-to-date guidelines and recommendations and underscores the evidence, acceptability, and clinical relevance behind physical assessment techniques.
Evidence-Based Physical Examination: Best Practices for Health and Well-Being Assessment offers the unique perspective of teaching both a holistic and scientific approach to assessment. Chapters are consistently structured for ease of use to include anatomy and physiology, key history questions and considerations, physical examination, laboratory considerations, imaging considerations, evidence-based practice recommendations, and differential diagnoses related to normal and abnormal findings. Case studies, clinical pearls, and key takeaways aid retention and countless illustrations, images, and videos demonstrate advanced history-taking and assessment techniques. Ancillary resources include an instructor manual with learning objectives, chapter summaries, case studies, multiple-choice questions, and essay questions; videos; PowerPoint slides; test bank; and image bank. This is the physical assessment text of the future.
- Delivers the evidence, acceptability, and clinical relevance behind advanced history-taking and assessment techniques
- Eschews "traditional" techniques that do not demonstrate evidence-based reliability
- Focuses on the most current clinical guidelines and recommendations from resources such as the US Preventative Services Task Force
- Focuses on the use of modern technology for assessment
- Aids retention through case studies, clinical pearls, and key takeaways
- Demonstrates advanced techniques with countless illustrations, images, and videos
- Includes a robust instructor manual with learning objectives, chapter summaries, case studies, multiple-choice questions, and essay questions; PowerPoint slides; test bank; and image bank.
- Purchase includes access to the eBook for use on most mobile devices or computers.