Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary (Paperback)
Created by America's foremost language experts, this dictionary is designed to help advanced students master spoken and written English, as it is actually used.
With in-depth and up-to-date coverage of basic English vocabulary, grammar, and usage, this dictionary features 100,000 words and phrases with definitions that are easy for learners to understand.
- 3,000 core vocabulary words identified as the most important words for learners to know
- Provides unique, in-depth coverage of more than 22,000 idioms, collocations, and commonly used phrases in both American and British English
- 160,000 example sentences--the most of any learner's dictionary--clarify meanings and are highlighted in blue for easy reading
- Over 1,000 original drawings, including 16 pages of full-color art, aid understanding
- In-depth coverage of American English grammar and usage
- Perfect for ESL, EFL, ELL, TEFL, TOEFL and TOEIC study and instruction