Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A lush compendium of posters from Disney theme parks around the globe, along with concept art and lively narrative about the development of the stunning posters!
Anyone who has ever walked through the gates at a Disney Park knows that there is a magical experience waiting to be had on the other side. All of the telltale signs are there: the sound of joyful music pipes across the promenade; the smells of popcorn and cookies waft through the air; and the colorful attraction posters depict all the wonderful rides and shows created for Guests by the Imagineers. Poster Art of the Disney Parks
is a tribute to those posters.
Disney attraction posters have been an important means of communication since Disneyland began displaying them in 1956. Not only are they eye-catching pieces of artwork that adorn the Parks with flair and style, they are also displayed to build excitement and disseminate information about the newest additions to the Disney landscape. When the first attraction posters made their debut at Disneyland, one such piece of art proclaimed that Guests could have a “true-life adventure” on the Jungle Cruise.
As evidenced by the evolution of the attraction posters, art styles and design techniques have certainly changed over the years. These characteristics also differ from continent to continent. Posters from Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland exhibit the nuances in presentation that give each Park’s pantheon of posters its signature look. But while artistic interpretations and color palettes may vary from Park to Park and from year to year, the spirit of Disney storytelling is a constant that ties them all together.Searching for that perfect gift for the Disney theme park fan in your life? Explore more archival-quality books from Disney Editions:
- Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks
- The Disney Monorail: Imagineering a Highway in the Sky
- Walt Disney's Ultimate Inventor: The Genius of Ub Iwerks
- One Day at Disney: Meet the People Who Make the Magic Across the Globe
- Marc Davis in His Own Words: Imagineering the Disney Theme Parks
- Yesterday's Tomorrow: Disney's Magical Mid-Century
- Eat Like Walt: The Wonderful World of Disney Food
- Maps of the Disney Parks: Charting 60 Years from California to Shanghai
- The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic