Advanced ASP.NET Core 3 Security: Understanding Hacks, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities to Secure Your Website (Hardcover)
Incorporate best practices with ASP.NET Core security. This book includes security-related features available in the framework, and security topics rarely covered elsewhere. It digs deep into the ASP.NET Core 3.1 source code, explaining how something works (or how to fix a problem).
This book aims to train developers to avoid these problems. Unlike the vast majority of security books that are targeted to network administrators, system administrators, or managers, this book is targeted specifically to ASP.NET developers. The book begins by teaching developers how ASP.NET Core works behind the scenes, then talks about how various attacks are performed and how to prevent them. Finally, it dives into the concepts a developer needs to know to do some testing on their own without the help of a security professional.
What You Will Learn
- Discern which attacks are easy to prevent in the framework and which are challenging
- Dig into ASP.NET Core 3.1 source code to understand how the security services work
- Establish a baseline for understanding how to design more secure software
- Properly apply cryptography in software development
- Take a deep dive into web security concepts
- Validate input in a way that allows legitimate traffic but blocks malicious traffic
- Understand parameterized queries and why they are so important to ASP.NET Core
- Fix issues in a well-implemented solution
- Know how logging works and its weaknesses in ASP.NET Core
- Incorporate security in every phase of the software development process
Who This Book Is For