Atlas of Comparative Morphology of the Vertebrate Skull (Hardcover)
This book is intended to be a pictorial atlas of the morphology of the vertebrate skull. The volume will include high-quality images of skulls from all the major groups of vertebrates (elasmobranchs, actinoptrygian fishes, lungfish, anurans, caudatans, gymnophionans, lizards, snakes, amphisbaenians, tuatara, crocodilians, turtles, birds, mammals). Images will be accompanied by explanatory text, and will be supplemented with literature citations to the voluminous literature on the vertebrate skull.
key selling features:
- Includes both commonly used laboratory animals and rare, difficult-to-obtain taxa that otherwise are rarely seen or illustrated in broadly accessible literature
- Uses high-quality imagery throughout
- Illustrates vertebrates from around the world; global in scope
- Emphasizes diagnostic features of different vertebrate groups and illustrates variation within groups
- Employs accessible writing and presentation of interest to a broad audience, not specialists alone