Charlotte Caldwell's newest release, The Faces of Local Food: Celebrating the People Who Feed Us
, is a collection of personal vignettes giving readers an intimate perspective into the lives of those people who contribute to a vibrant local food system. We step out of the grocery store to join fishermen, farmers, and ranchers on their boats and in their fields; into the kitchens of innovative chefs; into the warehouse of a local food hub; and we meet with other meaningful contributors and visionaries to hear their stories - their histories, motivations, experiences, challenges, and insights.
The understanding gained from The Faces of Local Food will foster a paradigm shift in the way we consumers understand and value our local food producers, and will inspire us to buy local - supporting our health and our community simultaneously.
- Features foreword from author/educator/environmentalist Bill McKibben
- Features 50 profiles on the Lowcountry's biggest culinary influencers
- Location serves as model and case study to illustrate methods that can be applied nationwide
- Features 153 beautiful full-color images from author/photographer Charlotte Caldwell
- Printed in the United States