The Collected Writings of Murray Stein: Volume 3: Transformations (Hardcover)
Dr. Murray Stein's prolific career has produced a substantial body of writings, lectures, and interviews. His writings, captured in these volumes, span a wide domain of topics that include writings on Christianity, Individuation, Mid-life, the practice of Analytical Psychology, and topics in contemporary society. His deep understanding of Analytical Psychology is much more than an academic discourse, but rather a deeply personal study of Jung that spans nearly half a century.
Transformation is a word used often in discussions of psychological and spiritual development. The works in this collection are directed at an assessment of this developmental process on a personal, individual level as well as on a cultural level. These works extend from consideration of transformation in the lives of great figures like Rilke, Rembrandt, Picasso, Jung, and Dante to cultural topics like the changing God image in modern times. With the world in flux, transformation is a topic of relevance on many levels of human existence.
TA B L E O F CO N T E N T S
Transformation: Emergence of the Self
1. Emergence of the Self Imago in Adulthood
2. The Transformative Image
3. Transformative Relationships
4. Three Portraits of Transformation: Rembrandt, Picasso, Jung
Men Under Construction: Psychological Transformations
in the Life of Men
1. The First Circle: Mother. The Age of the Boy
2. The Second Circle: Father. The Age of the Son
3. The Third Circle: Anima. The Age of the Hero
4. The Fourth Circle: Self. The Age of the Mature Man
5. The Fifth Circle: God. The Age of the Sage
Concerning the Transformation of God Images
1. What is a God image?
2. Why does a God image change?
3. How do God images change?
4. What does it mean when a God image changes?
Symbols as Transformers of the Psyche
Dante's Divine Comedy: A Journey of Transformation
Act 1: The Journey through Hell Nigredo
Act 2: The Journey through Purgatory Albedo
Act 3: The Journey through Heaven Rubedo