Rick Steves Great Britain (Paperback)
Explore the misty isle of Great Britain, from lively London to the lush fields of Wales and the craggy beauty of the Scottish Highlands. With Rick Steves on your side, Great Britain can be yours!
Inside Rick Steves Great Britain you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending two weeks or more exploring England, Wales, and Scotland
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Stonehenge and Shakespeare's Globe Theatre to whisky distilleries and corner pubs
- How to connect with culture: Try haggis or a Scotch pie, catch a show in SoHo, or chat with locals in a cozy Welsh tavern
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with the help of Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a pint
- Self-guided walking tours of charming villages and historic sites and museums
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 1,000 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on London, Windsor, Cambridge, Bath, Glastonbury, Wells, Avebury, Stonehenge, Salisbury, South Wales, the Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Ironbridge Gorge, Liverpool, the Lake District, York, Durham and Northeast England, Conwy, Caernarfon, Snowdonia National Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, St. Andrews, Oban and the Inner Hebrides, Glencoe and Fort William, Inverness, Loch Ness, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Great Britain.
Visiting the UK? Try Rick Steves Best of England!
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick: