Fodor's the Carolinas & Georgia (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to drive a scenic road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, stroll Charleston's historic district, or visit the home of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Atlanta, the local Fodor's travel experts in Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina are here to help Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This brand new edition has an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 25 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, historic sites, outdoor activities, scenic drives, nightlife, shopping, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Best Things to Eat and Drink" and "Best Beaches" and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local cuisine, national parks, Civil War battles, slavery and Civil Rights, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Great Smoky Mountains Through the Seasons," and "Kids and Families"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Savannah, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Georgia's Coastal Isles, the Outer Banks and more
Planning on visiting more destinations in the southeast? Check out Fodor's Florida and Fodor's Washington, D.C.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/communityto ask any other questions and share your experience with us