Lonely Planet East Coast Australia (Paperback)
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
Lonely Planet East Coast Australia is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Enjoy lunch with one of Sydney's best views at Manly Pavilion, gaze at marine life through a glass-bottomed semisubmersible, or experience the Daintree Rainforest; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of East Coast Australia and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet East Coast Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviewsfor all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, politics, sports, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Over 94 localmaps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Your Reef Trip, and East Coast Australia Outdoors
- Coverage of Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns, Byron Bay, the Great Barrier Reef, Brisbane, Fraser Island, Whitsunday Island, Port Douglas, Blue Mountains, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet East Coast Australia, our most comprehensive guide to East Coast Australia, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef? Check out Lonely Planet's Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these regions has to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Australia guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Jayne D'Arcy, Sarah Gilbert, Paul Harding, Catherine Le Nevez, Virginia Maxwell, Olivia Pozzan, and Penny Watson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times""'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)