Join us for an instructive evening with the creators of In Case You Get Hit By A Bus - Abby Schneiderman, Adam Seifer & Gene Newman.
Get organized with Books in Common NW and the creators of Everplans - Abby, Adam, and Gene, as they share their new book In Case You Get Hit By A Bus. A simple, easy-to-follow program for organizing everything in your life--from Netflix account passwords to social media accounts to finances and funeral plans--for a calmer life now, and to make things easier for the loved ones you leave behind. You're not too young (or old)!
In Case You Get Hit By A Bus, cowritten by Abby Schneiderman and Adam Seifer, founders of Everplans, the leading platform in digital life planning, along with editorial director, Gene Newman, is filled with pragmatic tactics and engaging visuals focused on tying up the loose ends of your home, money, health, and memories that often get overlooked but are hugely important in the event of an unexpected crisis.
Everplans, and this book, were created to help people manage when they are unexpectedly faced with difficult personal and financial decisions on someone else’s behalf. As a leading life planning digital platform, Everplans has spent years educating people on how to get a handle on the unpleasant but inevitable decisions that just about everyone will need to make at some point. Breaking the tasks down into three levels, from the most urgent (like granting access to passwords), to the technical (creating a manual for the systems in your home), to the nostalgic (assembling a living memory), this clear, digestible book is a reference tool that readers can turn to time and time again when navigating seemingly daunting circumstances.
Readers will learn how to:
• Navigate difficult conversations about sensitive subjects with loved ones
• Create a plan for accessing passwords for accounts associated with your day-to-day life
• Document all your assets using a simple financial blueprint
• Gain a full understanding of all the medical directives and legal documents you may need––including: Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Trusts
• Establish every detail about your home and vehicles
• Create an advance directive that articulates your wishes for end-of-life medical treatments and designates an individual to ensure those wishes are honored
• Assemble a living memory complete with photos, recipes, and significant stories
• Plan funeral arrangements and remembrances and even write your own obituary
• Clean up all the skeletons in your closet
Eliminating the confusion around concepts like “Powers of Attorney,” breaking down hyper-complicated estate planning practices, and presenting legal jargon in layperson’s terms, IN CASE YOU GET HIT BY A BUS is a liberating and foolproof guide that encourages you to organize your life now. An organized life is far easier to live, and ultimately, you’ll be leaving behind a gift your family doesn’t even know they need.
Abby Schneiderman, cofounder and co-CEO of Everplans, is an industry expert in the areas of digital estate planning, technology, and consumerism. Abby is a Forbes.com contributor and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and CNBC.
Adam Seifer, cofounder and co-CEO of Everplans, has helped create multiple huge online communities and networks and is an inventor on “the social networking patent” now owned by LinkedIn.
Gene Newman serves as Everplans’ editorial and education director and has spent his career as a writer, editor, and content leader for Maxim.com, Hachette Filipacchi Digital, and other lifestyle properties.
All three authors live in New York City.